If a crash occurs with your state vehicle leased through Admin, you should take the following steps to report the crash:
- Call the police and obtain emergency medical care for any injuries.
- Document information about persons involved:
- Names, phone numbers and addresses of all individuals involved in the crash.
- Any witness contact information.
- Driver’s license number of all drivers.
- Document information about vehicles involved:
- Vehicle identification number (VIN numbers).
- License plate numbers.
- Make and model.
- Take photos with phone if possible.
- Do not admit fault or make any statements except to the police or a representative of the Risk Management Division.
- In case of serious personal injury or death to anyone, immediately call Risk Management Division at (651) 201-2594.
- You must submit a crash report within 24 hours on required forms.
- If there is damage to a state vehicle:
- If the vehicle has been damaged and is unsafe to drive and towing is not coordinated by law enforcement, go to ARI Holman to have the vehicle towed to a repair shop. Include information about the vehicle’s location on the crash report form.
- Work with your fleet coordinator or finance division to determine process for repairing vehicle damage.
For more information on crash reporting please see Risk Management’s website: