Standby Rates: Scoping for Generic Proceeding
The MN Department of Commerce convened a stakeholder meeting on the afternoon of September 11, 2014 to address the need and scope for a generic proceeding on standby rates1.
Reports and Resources
- PUC Order In the Matter of a Commission Inquiry into Standby Service Tariffs , November 19, 2015, Docket 15-115
- Analysis of Standby Rates and Net Metering Policy Effects on Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Opportunities in Minnesota , Energy Resources Center, April 2014
- Standby Rates for Combined Heat and Power Systems , Regulatory Assistance Project and Brubaker & Associates, Inc., February 2014
- Electric Utility Standby Rates: Updates for Today and Tomorrow , National Regulatory Research Institute, July 2012
- Guide to the Successful Implementation of State Combined Heat and Power Policies , SEE Action (DOE), March 2013
1 In its January 27, 2014 Order Approving Tariff Amendments Governing Standby Service Charges for Net-Metered and Qualifying Facilities , in Docket E-017/M-13-609, et al., the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission directed the Minnesota Department of Commerce, Division of Energy Resources to engage in discussions with utilities and other stakeholders on the need and appropriate scope for a generic proceeding on standby rates.