Who We Are
The Minnesota Department of Administration was established in 1939 by Governor Harold Stassen. Since then, Admin has been at the center of improving state government and providing essential services since 1939. Today, we continue the tradition of making Minnesota successful. To learn more about our agency and what we do, reference the What We Do page.
Mission, Vision, Values, and Objectives
At the Department of Administration, we deliver excellence. Our mission is to lead through exceptional service and creative solutions to help our partners succeed. Our values guide the work we do:
- Teamwork: We are engaged and collaborate to exceed our partners' expectations.
- Respect: We respect our partners and each other.
- Sustainability: We help our partners reduce their environmental impacts.
- Accountability: We are responsible for our work and our actions.
- Service: We value our partners and proactively work to meet their needs.
- Safety: We promote a workplace that protects the health and well-being of our team members and partners.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity: We believe in One Minnesota, where all people are valued and respected.
As part of our tradition of holding ourselves accountable, we have four objectives:
- Partner Satisfaction: People value our services because our expertise helps them achieve their missions.
- Technology Optimization: Advancing system and process improvements to support the secure and efficient use of new or existing technology.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity: We give all team members and partners the opportunity to thrive.
- Agency Culture: This is a positive work environment because team members are accountable to each other, valued, trusted, treated as professionals by their colleagues and managers, and are engaged in the mission of the agency.
Learn more about our current Commissioner and agency leadership team on the Commissioner's Office page.
Reference the Contact Us page if you have additional questions or need assistance.