Insurer Licensing & Application Process
Minnesota law and rules spell out the insurer licensing requirements for each particular product and insurance entity.
The information below and forms (available by clicking on the link for your license type below) are what you need to begin the initial step in the licensing process. Additional information may be requested as we progress through the review process.
Applications are tailored for the various types of entities, although they all incorporate common elements related to finances and management.
- Each application includes a checklist. The checklist should be completed and all items on the checklist should be addressed.
- Items not applicable to your situation must be clearly identified and an explanation provided.
- All applications must contain a hard copy of the NAIC annual statement, signed and certified, as of the year-end preceding the date of submission.
- Our analysts will not begin their review until the application is complete.
- Complete applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Applications received after October 1 will not be accepted in the current year, as those applications will require current year-end documentation.