Selected Federal Laws: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Federal Government Resources:
Minnesota State/Local Government Resources:
Books from the Library:
- Civil Rights Law and Practice - Harold S. Lewis & Elizabeth J. Norman KF4749 .L49 2004
- Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Litigation: The Law of Section 1983 - Sheldon Nahmod KF1325.C58 N34
- Civil Actions Against State and Local Government, Its Agencies, Officers, and Employees - West Group KF9065 .C582
- Federal Civil Rights Acts - Rodney A. Smolla KF4749.A745
- Police Misconduct: A Practitioner's Guide to Section 1983 - Wayne C. Beyer (2018) Main KF1307 .B49 2018
- Section 1983 Litigation: Claims and Defenses - Martin A. Schwartz KF1325.C58 S36
- Section 1983 Litigation Forms - John W. Witt et al. (2016 -) KF1325.C58 S36 2016
- Section 1983 Litigation in a Nutshell - Michael G. Collins KF1325.C58 C65 2016
Get Legal Help:
Related Topics: Prisoners, Employment Discrimination.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.