Services for Inmates
Law Library Service to Prisoners (LLSP)
- Under an Inter-Agency Agreement between the Minnesota Department of Corrections (DOC) and the Minnesota State Law Library (MSLL), the Law Library Service to Prisoners (LLSP) program provides law library service to inmates incarcerated in Minnesota or otherwise under DOC jurisdiction.
- Legal information requests are accepted by "kite," which is a request form available to inmates at their institution.
- In addition, inmates may call 651-297-4969 or write to: LLSP / G25 Minnesota Judicial Center / 25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. / St. Paul MN 55155.
- There is no cost to the inmate, although they are limited to 80 pages, or 8 items, per 2 week period.
- LLSP librarians also work with staff at each facility to ensure that a core collection of library materials is available at the facility.
Non-DOC Inmates in county jails, state hospitals & regional treatment centers:
- MSLL will provide legal information to non-DOC inmates under our normal copy policy.
- Library staff will photocopy and mail materials.
- The cost is 25 cents per page ($3.00 minimum), plus first-class postage, up to 100 pages per week.
- Please note that requests must be in writing and mailed to: Minnesota State Law Library / G25 Minnesota Judicial Center / 25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. / St. Paul, MN 55155
- Inmates may be referred to the local county law library if that library already provides services to the jail.
2021,2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003