Take the First Step by Consulting with an Investigator
When you contact the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, you will speak with one of MDHR's investigators about whether your concern is covered by the Minnesota Human Rights Act. If your situation is covered by the Act, staff may recommend a variety of options including training, mediation, or drafting a charge of discrimination.
- There is no filing fee to draft a charge.
- You have one year from the date of the alleged discrimination to file a charge.
- An attorney is not required to file a charge though some people do hire an attorney.
- Learn more about MDHR's role and your rights.
- Learn more about filing a complaint.
To speak with someone about your rights under the Minnesota Human Rights Act or to connect with someone in our office, contact us.