File A Complaint
Take the First Step with Intake
Intake is the first step in filing a complaint. When you contact MDHR, you will speak with one of MDHR's enforcement officers about whether your complaint is covered by the Minnesota Human Rights Act. If your complaint is covered by the Act, staff draft a charge of discrimination.
- There is no filing fee to draft a charge.
- You have one year from the date of the alleged discrimination to file a charge.
- An attorney is not required to file a charge though some people do hire an attorney.
- Learn more about MDHR's role and your rights.
- Learn more about filing a complaint.
To speak with someone about your rights under the Minnesota Human Rights Act or to file a charge of discrimination, contact us.