Unemployment Appeals Legal Advice Clinic (for people appealing to the Minnesota Court of Appeals)
Please note: In-person appointments are not an option during this time. Telephone appointments may be requested by clicking on the link below.
- Telephone clinic. 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month* - 1:30 pm -3:30 pm. The phone clinic involves a 30-minute consultation with an attorney over the phone. The attorney will call the clinic customer at a set time.
- Am I eligible to attend this clinic?
- This brief advice clinic is for people representing themselves who have been denied unemployment benefits and have exhausted their appeal options with the Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED). This means you:
- You may attend this clinic only if your time to appeal to the Court of Appeals pursuant to Minn. Stat. 268.105, subd. 7 has not expired.
- About this Clinic
- You may request an appointment to get advice about how to proceed with an appeal to the Court of Appeals.
- Please be aware that the clinic attorney will need to review the initial decision and order denying reconsideration from the Unemployment Law Judge. Details on how to provide this will be given when you request an appointment. Your appointment is not confirmed until you provide both decisions.
- The clinic attorney is not obligated to represent you in your case. You remain responsible for all aspects of your legal matter.
- Sign up for an appointment using the link above: You must make an appointment through the Minnesota State Law Library in order to attend the unemployment clinic.
- IMPORTANT: Making an appointment for the clinic does not extend your time to appeal.
Useful Minnesota Statutes:
Forms to file an unemployment appeal: Filing an Unemployment Appeal
This clinic is a joint initiative of the Minnesota State Law Library and the Labor and Employment Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. Clinic attorneys are volunteers and are not endorsed or approved by the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
*Clinic dates may vary due to holidays.