Sex Offender Statutes Minnesota
Statutes and Rules: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources (because these laws tend to be amended frequently, always check the date of any information written about them):
- The Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Website (NSOPW) , coordinated by the United States Department of Justice.
- Frequently Asked Questions on the Minnesota Predatory Offender Registry, from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension.
- Predatory Registrant Search, from the Minnesota Department of Corrections.
- Minnesota's Predatory Offender Community Notification Law, from the Minnesota House or Representatives Research Department.
- Minnesota Sex Offender Program Resources, from the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
- Overview of Criminal Sexual Conduct Crimes, from the Minnesota House or Representatives Research Department.
- Predatory Offender Registration, from the Minnesota House or Representatives Research Department.
- Sex Offender Community Notification, from the City of Minneapolis.
- Sex Offender Notification, from the City of Saint Paul.
- Sex Offenders and Predatory Offenders: Minnesota Criminal and Civil Regulatory Laws, from the Minnesota House or Representatives Research Department.
Suggestions for further research:
- Subject headings in the Library's online catalog: Sex Offenders.
- Subject headings in the Index to Legal Periodicals and Books: Sexual offender registration laws.
- Subject headings in the Minnesota Legal Periodical Index: Sex Offenders.
DISCLAIMER : As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.