Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
Statutes: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources, Minnesota: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- Haley, Jacqueline. Alternative Dispute Resolution in a Nutshell, 4th ed (Nolan) KF9084 .N65 2013.
- ADR FAQs, from the Minnesota State Bar Association, Find a Lawyer Video FAQs
- ADR Neutral Roster, from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution, from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution treatises.
- The American Bar Association Guide to Resolving Legal Disputes: Inside and Outside the Courtroom.. (Random House Reference, 2007) Self Help Collection KF9084.Z9 A54 2007.
- Carbonneau, Thomas E. Arbitration Law in a Nutshell, 4th ed KF9085 .C37 2017.
- Family Law Appellate Mediation Program, from the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
- Justice as healing: indigenous ways, Wanda D. McCaslin KE7735 .J873 2005.
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, from LawHelpMN.org.
- Mediation, Arbitration & Collaborative Law, from Nolo.
- Principles of alternative dispute resolution - Ware, Stephen J. KF9084 .W353 2007.
- Settle Out of Court, from the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.