Alternative Dispute Resolution and Mediation
Statutes: (Additional statutes, regulations & opinions may apply to your specific situation.)
Resources, Minnesota: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
Resources, National: (Print resources are available at the Minnesota State Law Library and in county law libraries around the state.)
- How to Successfully Arbitrate a Case (National Consumer Law Center Digital Library - Please ask a Librarian for access)
- Mediation, Arbitration & Collaborative Law, from Nolo.
- Principles of alternative dispute resolution - Ware, Stephen J. KF9084 .W353 2007.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution treatises.
- Justice as healing: indigenous ways, Wanda D. McCaslin KE7735 .J873 2005.
- The American Bar Association Guide to Resolving Legal Disputes: Inside and Outside the Courtroom.. (Random House Reference, 2007) Self Help Collection KF9084.Z9 A54 2007.
- Carbonneau, Thomas E. Arbitration Law in a Nutshell, 4th ed KF9085 .C37 2017.
- Haley, Jacqueline. Alternative Dispute Resolution in a Nutshell, 4th ed (Nolan) KF9084 .N65 2013.
DISCLAIMER: As librarians and not lawyers, we can suggest resources but cannot give legal advice (such as which form to file), or legal opinions, (such as how a statute might apply to particular facts.) To do so could be considered the unauthorized practice of law. Even though we try to suggest materials that will be of help, further research is usually required to find a complete and correct answer. For many questions, the best answer may be to consult an attorney. For links to resources on finding an attorney click here.