- Appointed to the Court of Appeals by Governor Mark Dayton on Dec. 3, 2018. Current term expires Jan. 2022.
- Appointed to district court on May 20, 1994, by Governor Arne Carlson. Elected in 1996, 2002, 2008, and 2014.
- J.D., Hamline University School of Law, 1986
- B.A., University of Minnesota, 1983
- Attorney- Qualley, Boulton & Slieter, 1986-1994
- Former President- Twelfth District Bar Association
- Member- Minnesota District Judges Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member- Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the General Rules of Practice, 1998-present
- Chair- Board of Directors, Southwestern Technical College
- Member- Olivia Kiwanis