Probate Brief Advice Telephone Clinic
Telephone appointments may be requested using the link below:
- Telephone clinic. This telephone clinic is once per month (on the 1st Thursday* - 1:00 pm-4:00 pm). The phone clinic involves a 30-minute consultation with an attorney over the phone. The attorney will call the clinic customer at a set time.
- Am I eligible to attend this clinic?
- You must have a question about the probate process in Minnesota.
- Issues not covered: tax, medical assistance, guardianship/conservatorship, questions about the law in other states.
- You may not attend this clinic if you are already represented by a lawyer.
- There is no income qualification required for attendance.
- About this clinic
- This is a brief advice clinic for people who have questions about Minnesota probate.
- The clinic attorney is not obligated to represent you in your case. You remain responsible for all aspects of your legal matter.
- Request an appointment using the link above. Law Library staff will review your intake and determine if you are eligible for the clinic. If you are eligible, you will be contacted about scheduling a time slot.
Probate and Estate Administration Legal Topic Page
For more information: 651-297-7651 or email.
This clinic is a joint initiative of the Probate, Trusts and Estates Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association and the Minnesota State Law Library. Clinic attorneys are volunteers and are not endorsed or approved by the Minnesota Judicial Branch.
*Clinic dates may vary due to holidays.