Volunteer Lawyers Network (VLN)
(612) 752-6677 (intake by phone available M/W/Th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
Statewide legal services available for low-income people through a network of legal clinics and volunteer attorneys. Spanish legal services available. Assistance can range from brief advice to screening for full representation depending on income level, county of residence, legal issue, and merits of the case.
is available for family, civil, housing, immigration, criminal expungement, bankruptcy, LGBTQ+, and youth legal issues. Visit VLN's website
for a current clinic schedule.
Phone legal assistance
is also available in the following areas:
- Administrative Law (DHS disqualifications)
- Bankruptcy (Chapter 7, Adversary Proceedings, Student loan hardship discharge)
- Civil (Consumer, Debtor-Creditor)
- Real Estate
- Tax (State and Federal, once legal aid has declined to assist)