The Minnesota State Law Library exists to provide vital, timely and efficient library services to the judiciary and the public seeking legal information.
Included within the scope of this responsibility are the following:
- the acquisition and maintenance of a collection of legal resources and technology;
- the promulgation of policies and procedures to ensure legal resources are placed at the disposal of the Supreme Court and other library users;
- the operation of a facility, in accordance with approved standards;
- the design and implementation of programs, policies, procedures, and activities to ensure an efficient, responsible and vital public law library; and
- the systematic review of all programs, policies, procedures, activities and operations in order to meet the current and future needs of the Supreme Court and other library users.