Join the Team at Luverne
Immediately hiring for Certified Nursing Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse and Registered Nurse positions.
Job spotlight - Human Services Technician/Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
This role provides compassionate, person-centered care and assists with activities of daily living, ensures safety and quality of care is provided and helps residents to attain their highest functional capabilities.
- Open to individuals registered as a Nursing Assistant with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) OR enrolled in, or have completed, a CNA training course and competency evaluation program but not yet registered with MDH.
- Must be enrolled or have completed Nursing Assistant training course and competency evaluation program and on track to become a registered CNA within four months of hire, OR
- Have completed the Nursing Assistant training course and competency evaluation program and committed to become registered within four months of hire.
- Open to short-term commitments (six months). Perfect for a post retirement short-term position.
- Urgent need for evening and night schedules.
Grow a meaningful and rewarding career with us!
- $2,500 new hire bonus for qualifying roles (conditions apply).
- Competitive pay: Salary increases every six months for qualifying roles and pay ranges.
- Generous benefits: Low cost, comprehensive medical and dental insurance. Paid holidays and generous vacation, sick leave and paid parental leave. State of Minnesota retirement plan.
- High-quality care: High ratings from CMS.
- Better staffing ratios: Allowing staff to develop family-like relationships with Residents.
- Food Service staff roles are open to all: Household level of cooking. Does not require previous experience.
- Schedule variety: Full or part-time positions. Evening or night shifts.
See Job Postings and How to Apply
All our jobs are posted on the State of Minnesota careers website (mn.gov/careers). The entire application process is completed through that site.
- Go to mn.gov/careers and select your applicant type:
- External Applicants
- Current Employees
- Accessible Applicant Portal
- On the Careers landing page, select “View All Jobs”.
- To see jobs only at Minnesota Veterans Home - Luverne:
- Under “Agency,” select “Veterans Affairs Dept”
- Under “Location,” select “Minnesota Southwest Area”.
- Click on the job posting you are interested in. Select “Apply for Job” button and follow the prompts.
- New users will need to create an applicant account to apply for jobs.
Sign-up for the MDVA Jobs Bulletin e-newsletter to receive all MDVA job postings.
Call, text or email us about our job opportunities!
Contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 507-283-6200.