skip to content
Primary navigation

Benefits and Resources

Minnesota Support Our Troops License Plate

Support Our Troops License PlateDrive home your support for Minnesota Military members, Veterans and their families by purchasing a Support our Troops (SOT) license plate for your car or motorcycle.

The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, together with the Minnesota Department of Military Affairs, will use your annual minimum contribution of $30 for the betterment of military families and homeless and underserved Veterans around the state.

Deployments and military service can put a strain on families, finances and health. Here's how your donation helps Minnesota military, Veterans and families:

  • Benefits CORE, which provides family counseling, with specialty services available for children; financial counseling, debt management and mental health counseling.
  • Emergency financial assistance
  • Grants through Support our Troops program
  • Helping Homeless Veterans secure shelter and access to benefits
  • Outreach to diverse communities across Minnesota, helping provide Veterans with access to the benefits they have earned
  • Community seminars on health conditions associated with military service

To purchase Support Our Troops special plates, visit your local local deputy registrar office. For more information, call Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services at (651) 297-3166. Please note that license plates cannot be ordered by phone.

SOT plates are also available from dealerships! Be sure to ask about SOT plates when you purchase your next new or used vehicle.

Related items:

Support our Troops License Plate Grants

MDVA offers grant opportunities ranging from $1,000 to $100,000 from the Minnesota "Support Our Troops" License Plate Program for the purpose of supporting and improving the lives of Veterans and their families.

back to top