Apply Today at MDVA
The Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA) offers meaningful, rewarding careers in skilled trades and crafts, healthcare, professional and administration fields, and much more – all with competitive salaries and great State of Minnesota benefits.
At MDVA, we are confident you will find a career path that is diverse, team-oriented and focused on making a real difference serving Minnesota Veterans and their families.
We are a Veteran-friendly employer committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and maintain an Affirmative Action plan. While we are a Veteran-friendly employer, we also hire non-Veterans as well.
Sign-up for the MDVA Jobs Bulletin e-newsletter to receive our job postings and job search tips.
Free Training to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant
The State of Minnesota is recruiting, training, and deploying at least 1,000 new certified nursing assistants for Minnesota long-term care facilities experiencing staffing shortages. The effort is a partnership between state government, colleges, and long-term care providers led by the Minnesota Office of Higher Education.
Once trained, the CNAs are eligible for employment at Minnesota long-term care facilities that are facing severe staffing shortages.
Learn more here.
We are currently hiring for Human Services Technicians (HST)/Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Food Service Workers and other support roles in the Minnesota State Veterans Homes located throughout the state. Additional skilled and professional opportunities may be available in our MDVA Programs & Services Division and MDVA Central Office. What you’ll find at MDVA:
- $2,500 new hire bonus for qualifying roles (conditions apply to bonus amounts).
- Competitive pay.
- Full or part-time positions. Day, evening or night shifts.
- Career enhancement and educational opportunities.
- Low cost, comprehensive medical and dental insurance. Paid holidays and generous vacation, sick leave and paid parental leave.
- State of Minnesota retirement plan.
- Employee referral bonus (conditions apply to bonus amounts).
- Welcoming, inclusive team environments.
- Better staffing ratios allowing staff to develop family-like relationships with Residents in our Minnesota Veterans Homes
- High-quality CMS ratings for the Minnesota Veterans Homes.
More about MDVA Jobs and How to Apply