The *new* application deadline is January 21, 2022. The previous deadline was January 11, 2022.
Pathways to Life description
Explore countless career opportunities. Learn independent living skills and self-advocacy. Study post-secondary options. Develop job seeking and employment skills. Network with professionals. Find out about community resources. Participate in over 50 unique transition activities. Make new friends. All in one fun summer program!
At PTL, Students Will...
- Practice independent living skills through supervised apartment living, planning and
preparing meals, and budgeting
- Explore potential careers through job shadowing opportunities
- Discover community resources designed to meet employment, recreation and leisure needs
- Explore post-secondary training opportunities
- Address unique social and emotional issues
- Access disability-specific technology
- Practice work readiness skills through volunteer opportunities
- Receive self-advocacy instruction
- Participate in fun teambuilding activities with their peers and learn more about
Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf
615 Olof Hanson Dr.
Faribault, MN 55021
June 12 - 24, 2022
Program is at no cost to students or families! Districts will be responsible for funding services covered by student IEPs. However, the cost of transportation to and from needs to be worked out by families and their district.
Students who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing or DeafBlind are eligible for PTL if they...
- Have Extended School Year (ESY) Services indicated on their IEP (including a statement that the student will receive summer transition services, room and board)
- Are in 10th, 11th or 12th grade (as of the 2022-2023 school year) or are entering the first year of a transition program.
- Plan to attend postsecondary education or enter competitive employment upon
- Plan to live independently
Learn more or apply
For more information, you can do the following:
Pathways to Life is made possible through collaboration with the following partners:
- Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf
- Minnesota teachers and staff working with students who are D/HH.
- Minnesota Commission of the Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing (MNCDHH)
- Minnesota Department of Education, Division of Special Education
- Minnesota State Services for the Blind
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR)