skip to content
Primary navigation


Ask MNCDHH: Where Do I Find You?

You ask, we answer

8/9/2017 10:00:00 AM

Three turtles enjoy the sun on a rock by a body of water.

Do you have local offices in each county? And how do I contact them? Thanks.

MNCDHH has an office in St. Paul, MN. The Contact Us page on our website has the information about how to visit us (along with parking and public transportation instructions), our phone number (both voice and videophone), our fax, our email, and our mailing address (separate from our physical location).

Please get in touch with us if you have questions related to legislation and public policy. We also want you to let us know if you experience barriers to communication access and equal opportunity that could possibly be resolved through public policy. 

When to contact DHHSD

If you have questions about services that the state can provide or would like a referral related to a hearing loss resource, you can contact the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Division (DHHSD). They have six physical locations around Minnesota. We recommend that you contact the office that is closest to you.

Deciding who to contact

People often wonder when they should contact MNCDHH and when they should contact DHHSD. 

While MNCDHH and DHHSD are both dedicated to deaf, deafblind, and hard of hearing issues, our agencies have different roles. We are hoping that we can make the distinction clearer between both agencies. 

  • DHHSD's role is to provide social services and resources to people who are deaf, deafblind, and hard of hearing so that they can enjoy the same level of access as anyone else.
  • MNCDHH's role is to work with advocates, community organizations, legislators, and other policymakers to create systems changes and new laws.  

Here is a good example. 

We recently received an inquiry from a community member who wanted information about public transit resources for people with a disability. We explained that if she wanted to discuss public policy related to transit for people with a disability, that we were the correct group to contact. Since she wanted information on transit resources, we advised her to contact DHHSD instead. 

Is this answer helpful? If you have more questions, please email

Question for MNCDHH?

Do you have a question for MNCDHH? Send us your questions!

ask mncdhh

back to top