Our mailing address is not the same as our office location. Please write to us at:
Minnesota Commission of the Deaf, DeafBlind & Hard of Hearing (MNCDHH)
444 Lafayette Rd. N
St. Paul, MN 55155-3814
This is a secure building. Only the entrance farthest to the east on East 7th St. is open to the public.
Please note that the front desk will be closed for lunch from 12-1pm every day.
Parking and Public Transportation
Parking: There is metered parking on public streets and three parking lots located close to the Golden Rule Building: The Robert Street Ramp (95 E. 7th St.); Block 19 Ramp (7th St. at Jackson); and Jackson 7 Lot (182 E. 7th St.). Please note, MNCDHH does not validate for parking.
Metro Mobility: The drop off is at the entrance closest to East 7th Place and Robert St.
Metro Transit Bus: Riding the bus? Metro Transit provides information about bus schedules. You can also call (612) 373-3333 (V).
Metro Transit Light Rail: Walking to our office after riding on the Light Rail? Here are walking instructions from the 10th St. Platform (Green Line).
- Immediately head east on 10th Street E for one block, then make a right at Minnesota Street.
- Walk on the east side of Minnesota Street. It is a one way street for traffic running north. Walk one long block south to 7th Place East. The long block that you walk will have 9th St. running through it.
- Turn left at 7th Place and head east again. (Please note there is no 8th Street and Minnesota Street is where 7th Place starts.)
- If you stay on the east side of Minnesota Street walking south, you will hit the corner of and just turn left at 7th Place.
- Going east again, staying on the north side of 7th Place, the Golden Rule Building will be the second building on your left. Please be aware of the two buildings on that side of the street are attached. The first building has one set of recessed doors.
- Go east about two-thirds of the block (about 90 steps). You will see an old-fashioned clock on a light post on the street curb. Right after that, you will see two sets of doors with three doors each. Both sets have Golden Rule Building signage.
- Go to the second and farthest set of doors (closest to Robert Street).
- Go through the third and most right door in that set of doors.
- Going through another set of doors, you will enter a large lobby. Our suite (#105) is on the right side of the lobby as you come in. Go past two doors until you reach the third door. Please knock on the glass first. If no one unlocks the door, ring the doorbell on the left side of the door to alert the receptionist. When the lock is automatically unlocked, pull the door open and walk in.