Fee Increases Effective July 1, 2019
Legislation enacted during the 2019 Regular and Special Sessions contained many provisions that will have an impact on the Board’s licensees and registrants. The increase affects all licensees of the Board of Pharmacy. We have an updated Fee Chart
on the License and Registration home page that summarizes all fee increases with the exception of the opioid product registration fees. In addition, the application and renewal registration fees for most drug manufacturers, medical gas manufacturers, drug wholesalers, and medical gas wholesalers, and medical gas distributors will increase to at least $5,260 effective July 1, 2019. The Board believes that the Legislature may reconsider the increase in fees for medical gas manufacturers, wholesalers, and distributors during the 2020 Session.
- All drug and medical gas wholesalers: $5,260
- Drug manufacturers (except for opioid manufacturers) and medical gas manufacturers: $5,260
- Medical gas distributors: $5,260
- Opioid drug manufacturers: $55,260 (Reduced to $5,260 if the sunset provision kicks in).
- Opioid manufacturers with sales within Minnesota of over 2,000,000 units per year will also have to pay an annual opiate product registration fee of $250,000.
You can read the Summary of the 2019 Legislation affecting licensees and registrants
Application for Registration as a Pharmacy
Use this form for ownership changes, relocation, and new pharmacies.
Renewal forms are mailed to the facility mailing address that the Board of Pharmacy has on record. Renewals are due June 1 of each year.
The Definition of a Pharmacy
A Pharmacy is a place of business in which prescription drugs are prepared, compounded or dispensed by or under the supervision of a pharmacist and from which related clinical pharmacy services are delivered.
Any establishment that falls under this definition needs to be licensed by the state of Minnesota as a pharmacy. Our computer records for pharmacies only accept the DBA name and the facility's physical address.