Variance Committee Meetings
All Variance and Committee meetings begin at 9:00 AM.
Variance and appointment requests will only be accepted until 12:00 p.m. on the cut off date
. All documents and information that the committee needs to consider the variance request must be submitted before the cut off date and time. If the variance request form is incomplete and/or if the form and supporting documents are not submitted by the cut off date and time, the submission will not be considered a valid variance request. This may cause the request to be postponed to the next scheduled meeting or returned to the requester. The pharmacist-in-charge must sign the variance request form for a pharmacy. If anyone else signs the form for a pharmacy other that the pharmacist-in-charge, the request will not be considered valid.
Denied or deferred variance requests will need to be submitted in their entirety with any re-submission.
Click here to download the Variance Request
form for new requests and renewals.
Click here to download the Policy Review Request Cover Sheet
for policy reviews.
You must send in your complete policies and procedures with each variance request that you submit.
Due to the large number of requests that the Board receives, meetings and appointment times are limited and assigned on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to be present for the variance and policy review meeting to discuss your submission, you must request an appointment at the time that the variance request is submitted. Keep in mind that appointment times will not be assigned until all required documents are received. Plan your submissions accordingly to avoid any delays.
All documents and appointment requests should be sent to the Board office.
. If requests are sent to any other Board email address, they may not be included on the agenda for the Variance and Policy Review Committee meeting in question.
Or Mail: Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
2829 University Avenue SE #530
Minneapolis, MN 55414
You may contact the Board Surveyors at (651) 201-2839 if you have any questions.
Meeting Dates 2020-2021
Please note that the cut off date for receiving variances has changed as of 01/16/2020.
- February 5, 2020 – Williams/Stanek - cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 01/24/2020
- March 18, 2020 – Behm/Schirmer - cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 02/28/2020
- May 6, 2020 – Bialke/Jassey - cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 04/17/2020
- June 17, 2020 – Paradis/Phipps - cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 05/29/2020
- July 29, 2020 – Jassey/Schirmer- cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 07/10/2020
- September 9, 2020 – Williams/Nahas - cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 08/21/2020
- October 28, 2020 – Bialke/Behm - cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 10/09/2020
- December 9, 2020 – Phipps/Paradis - cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 11/20/2020
- January 20, 2021 – Nahas/Bialke – cut off for receiving variances is 12:00 pm 01/01/2021
A Board meeting will usually occur two weeks after the Variance Committee meets. You will receive a letter after the Board meeting to notify you of the Boards decision on your request.
Click here to download a copy of the dates for the 2020 Board meetings
. Click here to download a copy of the dates for the 2020 Variance Committee meetings