Variance Committee Meetings
All meetings begin at 9:00 AM.
Variance and appointment requests will only be accepted until 12:00 p.m. on the cut-off date. All documents and information needed to consider the variance request must be submitted before the cut-off date and time. If the variance request form is incomplete and/or if the form and supporting documents are not submitted by the cut-off date and time, the submission will not be considered a valid variance request. This may cause the request to be postponed to the next scheduled meeting or returned to the requester. The pharmacist-in-charge must sign the variance request form for a pharmacy. If anyone else signs the form for a pharmacy, the request will not be considered valid.
Denied or deferred variance requests will need to be submitted in their entirety with any re-submission.
Click here to download the Variance Request form for new request and for renewals.
Click here to download the Policy Review Request Cover Sheet for Variance and Policy Review Committee Consideration.
You must send in your complete policies and procedures with each variance request that you are submitting.
Due to the large number of requests that the Board receives, meetings and appointment times are limited and assigned on a first come first serve basis. If you would like to be present for the variance and policy review meeting to discuss your submission, you must request an appointment at the time that the variance request is submitted. Keep in mind that appointment times will not be assigned until all required documents are received. Plan your submissions accordingly to avoid any delays.
All documents and appointment requests should be sent to: MN Board of Pharmacy, 2829 University Avenue SE #530, Minneapolis, MN 55414; fax: (612) 617-2262, or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If requests are sent to any other Board e-mail address, they may not be included on the agenda for the Variance and Policy Review Committee meeting in question.
Contact Board Surveyors at (651) 201-2839 if you have any questions.
Meeting Dates for 2018-2019
- December 19, 2018 - Jassey/Williams - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 11/30/18
- January 23, 2019 – Nahas/Stanek - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 1/04/19
- March 6, 2019 – Henn/Bialke - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 2/15/19
- April 17, 2019 – Schirmer/Jassey - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 3/29/19 - Will be held on the fifth floor, in the Board of Pharmacy conference room
- May 29, 2019 – Behm/Williams - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 5/10/19
- July 10, 2019 – Williams/Phipps - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 6/21/19
- August 14, 2019 – Paradis/Bialke - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 7/2619
- September 25, 2019 – Stanek/Behm - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 9/06/19
- October 23, 2019 – Jassey/Williams - cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 10/04/19
- December 18, 2019 – Nahas/Schirmer – cutoff for receiving variances is 12:00 p.m., 11/29/19
A Board meeting will usually occur 2 weeks after the variance committee meets. You will receive a letter after the Board meeting to notify you of the Boards decision.
Click here or a downloadable copy of the dates for the Board meetings. Click here or a downloadable copy of the dates for the Variance Committee meetings.