Continuing Education Requirements for Pharmacists
Reporting is due by September 30th of every even year.
Reporting Continuing Education to the Board
There are two ways to report your Continuing Education:
- Log in to your online account at the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy and click on the box that indicates you have completed your CE.
- Go to the Forms page and select the “Pharmacist Certification of Completion of Continuing Education.” Submit this form by mail, fax or email.
After the cutoff date you will have to mail, fax or email copies of your completed CE certificates.
Pharmacists need to complete 30 hours of continuing education (CE) every two years. If you are a new registrant you can log into your online account
to find out how many hours of CE you will need to complete.
Approved Continuing Education
The Minnesota Board of Pharmacy accepts programs that relate to the practice of pharmacy (see MN Rule 6800.1500
). Course that are accepted:
- Courses approved by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
- Courses offered by providers that have been pre-approved by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy. These are providers that have been assigned a provider number.
- Courses that are neither ACPE approved or given by providers that have not been approved by the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy, but relate to the practice of pharmacy.
At this time Minnesota Board of Pharmacy does not require any state specific CE. We only require that you complete the required number of CE’s.
- Due to the large volume of audit submissions, staff is unable to provide individual confirmations of receipt.
- Please submit all COPIES of documents and retain original documents for your files. Information submitted will not be returned.
- Documentation must have your name, course title, ACPE number or assigned provider number, number of credits per program. See MN Rule 6800.1500 for additional information.
- After your documentation is reviewed, you will receive an email confirming that your documentation has met the requirements or notifying you that additional information is required to complete the audit process.
Continuing Education (CE) Completion Audit
Continuing education participation by Minnesota pharmacists has been a requirement for continued licensure for many years. In an attempt to simplify the continuing education reporting by Minnesota pharmacists, the Board does not require across the board documentation of CE participation but will rely upon the basic honesty of pharmacists in their reporting and will conduct a 10% random audit of all pharmacists who have certified that they have completed their CE requirement.
If you have recently received an email or a letter from the MN Board of Pharmacy informing you that you have been selected for the CE Audit, the information below can help you navigate the CE Audit process.
Please submit copies of your certificates of attendance CE programs offered by ACPE or Board-approved providers or approval letters issued by the Board if you requested approval of any other program. The certificates or letters must indicate that you completed the CE programs between 10/01/2020 and 09/30/2022.
If you have any questions concerning this notification, please email your question to email@example.com
. Please include your license number in your email.
MN Board of Pharmacy Rule 6800.1500.