Fee Increases Effective July 1, 2019
Legislation enacted during the 2019 Regular and Special Sessions contained many provisions that will have an impact on the Board’s licensees and registrants. The increase affects all licensees of the Board of Pharmacy. In addition, the application and renewal registration fees for most drug manufacturers, medical gas manufacturers, drug wholesalers, and medical gas wholesalers, and medical gas distributors will increase to at least $5,260 effective July 1, 2019. The Board believes that the Legislature may reconsider the increase in fees for medical gas manufacturers, wholesalers, and distributors during the 2020 Session.
- All drug and medical gas wholesalers: $5,260
- Drug manufacturers (except for opioid manufacturers) and medical gas manufacturers: $5,260
- Medical gas distributors: $5,260
- Opioid drug manufacturers: $55,260 (Reduced to $5,260 if the sunset provision kicks in).
- Opioid manufacturers with sales within Minnesota of over 2,000,000 units per year will also have to pay an annual opiate product registration fee of $250,000.
You can read the Summary of the 2019 Legislation affecting licensees and registrants
Chart of Fees
Effective July 1, 2019, licensing fees in 151.065 have changed. Sec. 26. Minnesota Statues 2018, section 151.065, subdivisions one through three, have been amended.
As part of our continual effort to improve service to individuals and entities regulated by the Board, we are transitioning print communications to an electronic platform. This will allow us to rapidly alert you of current issues and provide a more cost effective medium to communicate with you. To ensure that you receive our emails, it is important that you have a current and monitored email address in your record. You can check your record by logging into your account
. If you do not have an online account, you can create one in our online services