Applicant self-service system
The online Applicant Self-Service System is the fastest way to apply for benefits and manage your account. An automated phone option, offering English, Spanish, Hmong, and Somali languages is also available.
The Applicant Self-Service System is available online and by phone Sunday - Friday, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
- Online at www.uimn.org
- By phone choose English, Spanish, Hmong, or Somali -phone
- Twin Cities area: 651-296-3644
- Greater Minnesota: 1-877-898-9090 (Toll Free)
- TTY (for the deaf and hard of hearing): 1-866-814-1252
Some features of the Self-Service System:
- Apply for benefits.
- Request benefit payments* (online or by phone) every week.
- Reactivate your account.
- View and update your account information - change your address, view payment status, change your payment method, change tax withholdings.
- Every time you log in (online or by phone), the system will direct you to what you need to do.
- When you make your request for benefits, the system will tell you what your payment will be.
- When you log in (online or by phone), messages will remind you of important information on your account needing your attention. Replying online gets your information to a representative faster.
*View the phone Schedule for Requesting Benefit Payments
Note: The self-service system is designed to work with Internet Explorer version 5.5 and higher, Netscape version 6.2 and higher or America Online 8.0 and higher. It uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Protocol to secure data transmissions. SSL scrambles the data you send so that others cannot read it. The data is then unscrambled when received.