At-home testing helps determine your risk for spreading COVID-19.
At-home rapid tests help detect the virus that causes COVID-19. You can do the nasal swab test anywhere and get results in about 15 minutes.
The at-home rapid antigen tests can be used at any time, such as if you have symptoms of COVID-19, were exposed to someone who has COVID-19, or before an indoor gathering. Learn more on COVID-19 Self-Testing.
The tests available for order:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 15 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to as self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests
There is a limit of 12 tests per Minnesota home address. Available while supplies last. This means if you have never ordered free tests from the state, you can order four, eight, or 12 tests. If you have ordered tests from the state before, you can order additional tests for a total of 12 tests. For example, if you previously ordered eight tests, you can order four additional tests.
People using the test should follow testing instructions from the manufacturer.
Note: Health officials have extended the expiration date for iHealth at-home tests.
Learn more about how to test and read frequently asked questions.