Where can I go for a test?
COVID-19 Community Testing Sites
All COVID-19 testing is no cost at a Minnesota Department of Health community testing site. We are always planning more testing sites across the state, working together with communities to make sure everyone can get tested.
- You do not need to show identification.
- Tests are at no cost to you, and insurance is not required.
- While appointments are recommended, walk-ins are always welcome.
At-home COVID-19 saliva testing
Minnesota offers no-cost, at-home COVID-19 saliva testing for people who believe they need to be tested, with or without symptoms.
Clinic or hospital
Nasal swab testing is available in many clinics and hospitals across Minnesota. You will likely need to schedule an appointment ahead of time, though walk-ins are accepted at some sites. You’ll need to show your identification and insurance information when you arrive.
- Some locations can perform a rapid COVID-19 test for an additional fee. They aren't as accurate as a nasal or saliva test, especially if you don’t have symptoms.
- Not all clinics or hospitals will test people without symptoms, and each has its own way of deciding if a test is necessary. Call ahead to find out more.