Guidance and resources for all employers
The COVID-19 pandemic has shed light on the importance of the critical businesses and organizations throughout the state that contribute to the fabric of Minnesota culture and commerce and are the engines of our state's economy.
Minnesota has information, resources, and programs to assist business leaders in safely providing Minnesotans with the services and products they need during this time.
- Facial coverings are required in indoor settings - updated 7/22/2020
- Employer Toolkit. This toolkit is designed to direct employers to the resources they need to help their workforce get vaccinated safely and efficiently and to provide materials to educate employees about COVID-19 vaccines.
- The Department of Labor and Industry provides information about workplace safety, labor standards, workers' compensation, construction trades information, exams and licenses and apprenticeship training changes, plus answers to frequently asked questions for employers and employees related to COVID-19.
- Small Business Assistance. Frequently updated guide to federal, state and other potential financial assistance for small Minnesota businesses.
- Tax filing and payment deadlines. Resource from the Department of Revenue on additional time that is available to file and pay some Minnesota business taxes.
- Guidance for community and congregate care settings. Community and faith-based organizations, homeless shelters, group homes, and other congregate living and community settings should follow guidance from Minnesota Department of Health.
- The Department of Commerce has issued regulatory waivers, licensure extensions and other changes to regulatory requirements for a variety of industries.
- Requests for flexibility in environmental regulation compliance for entities required to meet Minnesota's environmental laws that may be experiencing unavoidable noncompliance situations.
- Guidance library for all employers at staysafe.mn.gov