At-home testing helps determine your risk for spreading COVID-19.
At-home rapid tests help detect the virus that causes COVID-19. You can do the nasal swab test anywhere and get results in about 15 minutes.
The at-home rapid antigen tests can be used at any time, such as if you have symptoms of COVID-19, were exposed to someone who has COVID-19, or before an indoor gathering. Learn more on COVID-19 Self-Testing.
The tests available for order:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 15 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to as self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests
Every home in Minnesota is eligible to order four rapid at-home COVID-19 tests for free, while supplies last. Even if you have ordered tests before, you can order again.
People using the test should follow testing instructions from the manufacturer.
Note: Health officials have extended the expiration date for iHealth at-home tests.
Learn more about how to test and read frequently asked questions.