Update your address for year-end tax mailing – IRS Form 1099-G
Unemployment benefits are taxable income under both federal and Minnesota laws.
To be sure you receive year-end tax information (IRS Form 1099-G) update your address now. If you have a P.O. Box, your address should include "P.O. Box".
You can update your address online or by calling Customer Service.
To update your address online
- Log in to your account
- On My Home Page, select View and Maintain My Account (in the left navigation bar).
- Select Contact Information from the list.
- View your address. If it is not correct, select Update.
- Enter your correct address, select Submit. The Address Verification page will display.
- Confirm your address is correct.
Year-end tax information – IRS Form 1099-G
- IRS Form 1099-G will be mailed to everyone who was paid Minnesota unemployment benefits in 2019.
- The form will be mailed to the address listed in your account on December 31, 2019.
- Mailing will begin in mid-January and will be completed by January 31, 2020.
- The form shows the total benefits paid and all federal and state income taxes withheld.