skip to content
Primary navigation

Out-of-State Travel

If the SRC-B has selected you to attend a conference out of state, the staff liaison, Susan Kusz will coordinate with you and make your hotel reservation and register you for the conference.

You will be required to pay your own air travel and some other expenses (baggage, ground transportation, meals) in advance of reimbursement.

The receipts for these items should be kept in the event they are needed for submission for reimbursement.

Use of Form

The staff liaison, Susan Kusz will be sure all data is accurate and included on your form for submission and work with the financial department to assure that reimbursement is accurate to the council members.

Note: any missing information will delay the processing of the expense report and your refund or payment.

The Non-Employee Expense Report form is used for the following purposes:

  1. To reimburse non-employees for authorized travel expense, per diem and/or private auto usage in the conduct of departmental business.
  2. To request reimbursement for small cash purchases paid by non-employees.

Copies and distribution

  • An original is required in Financial Services.
  • Non-employee must keep a copy for tax records.
  • Use more than one page, if necessary, with ALL top lines filled out.

Completing the Form

The staff liaison takes responsibility in the accuracy and completion of these forms for the council members. If at any time a council member prefers to complete the form on their own, they can do so. The forms are not in an easily accessible format therefore assistance is provided.

If you decide you would like to proceed on your own, please be sure the appropriate boxes are checked to indicate whether this is a request for in state or out-of-state travel. The correct cost center code to be charged also must be entered. Your vendor or SWIFT number must be included. Your address must match what is in they system.

Your name, address, relationship to DEED (i.e., name of board or council), social security number, and travel period must be accurate. A line for each day of travel should be completed on the report as follows:

  • DATE: Enter only the day of the month unless the travel period extends into a second month. In that case, enter both the month and the day.
  • TIME: Indicate time of departure or arrival wherever breakfast or dinner are claimed.
  • DEPARTURE-ARRIVAL: On travel days enter both the departure and arrival points. On days when no travel occurs, enter the place where the expense was incurred in the "Departure" column.
  • PVT. CAR MILES: Under "Trip Miles" enter number of miles for shortest direct route between "From" and "To" points.
  • Under "Local Miles" show actual odometer miles of driving necessary to accomplish purpose of trip after reaching destination. NOTE: If using a private care for out-of-state travel, enter coach class airfare in space provided above signature.
  • Enter amounts for Meals; Lodging; Other Expense; Air, Rail, Bus Fare, Taxi, Car Rental and Parking; Conference Registration Fees; and Per Diem in the appropriate columns only if you incurred these expenses out of pocket.

Be sure to enter ITEM as well as AMOUNT under OTHER EXPENSE. Enter actual amounts up to the limits set for the Commissioner's Plan. Do not enter more than the set limit for any item. For meals, check the Commissioner's Plan for the conditions under which meals may be claimed. If a conference registration fee includes meals, enter whatever portion of the fee is designated for meals under the appropriate meals column, and the remainder under Conference Registration.

back to top