Crisis Marketing Grant
2021 Tourism Crisis Marketing Grant Programs
Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) in Minnesota have been deeply impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. With leisure travel restricted to help curb the virus's spread, they have seen dramatic declines in tourism revenue along with countless tourism-related business closures. Many Minnesota DMOs rely on the tax dollars generated by tourism as a source of funding for tourism marketing and the promotion of their communities—without it, many now face massive budget shortfalls.
The Tourism Crisis Marketing Grant Program is designed to provide advertising dollars to individual, established non-profit DMOs and primary promotion agencies so they can remain visible to customers during this difficult period, and continue to stimulate travel for the economic benefit of their destinations.
Phase II Crisis Grant
Grant funds must be spent by December 31, 2021 with all qualifying campaigns completed. Reconciliation materials are due by February 15, 2022.
Additional tactics allowable under the Phase II Crisis Grant:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google AdWords and Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Production of photo and video assets
- Website development and enhancement, including content creation through a vendor (hosting and maintenance fees are not eligible)
- Media production, ad creation, graphic design services
- Visitor guide production, development and distribution
- Direct mail
- Social media management through a vendor
- New and existing event operations support held within the executed contract dates, subject to limitations
Phase II Crisis Marketing Grant Guidelines
If you have any questions, please reach out to your regional Industry Relations representative.
Phase I Crisis Grant - CLOSED
Phase I Crisis Grant Guidelines
2020 Marketing Grant Awards
2019 Marketing Grant Awards
2018 Marketing Grant Awards
For more information contact your regional Partner Relations representative.