Senior LinkAge Line
The Senior LinkAge Line® is a free service of the state of Minnesota that connects older Minnesotans and their families with the help they need.
Experts at the Senior LinkAge Line® help Minnesotans with many age-related issues and can answer questions and help with:
* Health insurance counseling - including Medicare, long-term care planning, and prescription drug costs
* Forms assistance, including help applying for Medical Assistance and extra help with Medicare options
* Pre-admission screening for nursing facility admissions
* Long-term care insurance and planning
* Comparing other housing options
* Finding help and services in the community
* Moving out of a nursing home back into the community
The Senior LinkAge Line® is Minnesota's designated Long-Term Care Options Counseling service, State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP), and Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC).
The Senior LinkAge Line® is a service of the Minnesota Board on Aging. It is provided by six Area Agencies on Aging and serves all 87 counties in Minnesota. The Senior LinkAge Line® hotline uses a language line service and can take calls from people who speak languages other than English.
The Senior LinkAge Line® has a variety of volunteer roles, ranging from providing one-on-one health insurance counseling, to administrative office tasks, to presentations to the public. Training is provided to become a certified health insurance counselor.