HSE- NHA License Renewal Process for 2022-2023
- If you are an Administrator of Record, you must have an active license to operate a Minnesota Skilled Nursing Facility (CMS) on July 1, 2022.
- Online Licenses renewals will be available from May 1 to June 30, and late online renewals from July 1st to August 31, 2022.
- Licenses renewed after June 30 are considered expired.
- Licenses renewed will be available through Licensee Look-up the following business day for review.
- The renewal fee is now $225 for the LNHA and $250 for the LHSE.
- The late renewal fee of $50 will be applied to renewals on July 1, 2022.
- When making payment for your license, please note you do not need to register with US Bank.
- You will receive a confirmation notice for payment and an email with payment and completion confirmation will also be sent.
Clock Hour and Continuing Education Requirement:
For All LNHAs and LHSEs
- As a reminder, the renewal of license now requires a clock hour attestation. In lieu of entering your clock hours on the website, you maintain your own personal file of CE and only respond an audit request, validating your attendance.
- Continuing Education earned in May and June can apply to either this year or next year’s CE for
- this renewal cycle. Renew your license and your Clock Hours earned starts over on that date. Minnesota allows 100% of their continuing education to be earned online. Minnesota accepts NCERS (nationally earned CE) another state board approved or Minnesota approved CE. Find the list of NAB approved NCERS CEUs at the following link: https://nab.learningbuilder.com/public/activitysearch
Continuing Education Links
Questions about CE hours? Visit the home page at https://mn.gov/boards/nursing-home/. Click on Continuing Education.
To Track Clock Hours
Download the HSE & NHA CE Attestation Fillable PDF
under Nursing Home Administrator (NHA) Licensees at https://mn.gov/boards/nursing -home/forms/. Attached to this email is a list of CE activities and descriptions when considering valid clock hours.
NAB CE Registry Information
If you have completed a Clock Hour through NAB and do not see it in your online account, please be patient. Please contact NAB or the entity providing the Clock Hour if you do not see the event in your NAB CE Registry online account within 14 days.
The board shall annually select on a random basis at least ten (10%) percent of the licensees applying for renewal to validate approved CE credits. Notice of the audit will be emailed to the individual with instructions. It is advised that you maintain an electronic log with the supporting materials in your compliance folder for MDH and in case of a BELTSS audit. You may also scan and upload the supporting documents if notified of an audit.
Non-renewal of license notification to Board
If you are not planning to renew, please complete the online form at Non-Renewal Form. The non renewal form is can be filled out here.
You will continue to receive emails until June 30.
Licensed Assisted Living Director
A reminder that if you are a dual license holder, the active LALD license holder will renew licenses beginning September 1, 2022. If you operate a Minnesota Assisted Living Community, you must have a LALD as the Director of Record. Please be sure you have updated your online information.
Lost Mail – License Not Received
If you can’t move forward, please email or call Randy Snyder at 651.201.2731 directly.
Minnesota Board of Executives for Long Term Services and Supports
331 Randolph Avenue Suite 210-B
St. Paul, MN 55102