Application Requirements - Nursing Home Administrator
Complete an application for licensure. This opens your file with the board. Either at the time you submit your application or as you proceed through the licensure process you must show evidence that you have completed the following:
- A minimum of a bachelors degree
- Accredited post-secondary academic courses in:
- Organizational management
- Health care accounting
- Health care and medical needs of long term care residents
- Long-term care supports and services
- Human resources
- Regulatory management
- Quality measurement and performance improvement
Applicants already licensed as nursing home administrators in one or more other states should review the Endorsement Requirements, rules for licensure, and course requirements outlined in the last pages of the Applicant Handbook.
Applicants who intend on submitting prior education and experience to reduce or waive current requirements, please visit the Option B: Applicant with Experience page for instructions.