skip to content
Primary navigation

Option C: Endorsement

Option C: Endorsement - Waiver of all academic and practicum requirements

Endorsement licensure may be obtained in Minnesota by submitting evidence of having actively and effectively served full time for a minimum of two continuous years within the immediate past five years as the licensed nursing home administrator and chief executive officer of one or more nursing facilities in a single jurisdiction (state) regulated by the licensing board of that jurisdiction. The applicant must also possess a minimum of a BA/BS degree.
Complete the following steps:
1. The Endorsement Applicant must submit a letter requesting a waiver for Option C and include the below-listed items for each position as LNHA/Administrator/CEO:
  • Position description
  • An organization chart showing position held in relation to others in the organization
  • An employment verification letter on official stationery of the facility, dated and signed by an officer of the governing board, the administrative head of the facility/management company, or by your supervisor or an official of the agency's human resources unit, verifying your employment. The letter must certify your dates of employment with the facility and the title(s) of any position(s) you held with the facility.
  • Copies of the two most recent inspections/surveys (2567s) of the facility recently LNHA and Administrator of Record.
  • Resume showing employment history since college graduation
  • Request official license verification from each state licensure has been held. Include NAB exam score and date.
  • Request official transcript verifying a minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Send the transcript directly to the board office
2. Submit an application online.
  • The Board office communicates with applicants primarily by email
  • We update applicants Online portal when new supporting documents are received
  • Each applicant must take and pass the state and national examinations to be granted permanent licensure or acting permit
If you have ACHCA certification, please see Application Option D.
back to top