The Minnesota Commission of the Deaf, DeafBlind & Hard of Hearing would like to encourage members of the deaf, deafblind, and hard of hearing communities to join boards and commissions and make a difference. Here is information about current vacancies that are accepting applications.
- The Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC) advances the philosophy of independent living and promotes the integration and full inclusion of people with disabilities into Minnesota communities. See open SILC positions.
- The State Rehabilitation Council-General (SRC) advises and monitors Minnesota’s Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS) program, which serves thousands of people with disabilities statewide by helping them reach their vocational goals. See open SRC positions.
- The State Rehabilitation Council for the Blind (SRC-B) Guides and monitors the programs and services of State Services for the Blind. The council ensures that Minnesotans who are blind, DeafBlind, visually impaired, or who have a print-related disability have the resources they need for employment, living independently, and accessing the printed word in alternative formats. See open SRC-B positions.
- The Minnesota Council on Disability (MCD) serves people with disabilities in Minnesota through development of effective policy, training, technical resources and collaborations with public and private stakeholders. See open MCD positions.
- The Minnesota Commission of the Deaf, DeafBlind & Hard of Hearing (MNCDHH) serves as the principal agency of the state to advocate on issues impacting the 20% of Minnesotans who are deaf, deafblind, or hard of hearing. The Commission identifies barriers to communication access and equal opportunity, develops public policy solutions, and advocates through civic engagement. See open MNCDHH positions.