The Minnesota Commission of Deaf, DeafBlind & Hard of Hearing (MNCDHH) invites you for a fun, peer-led interactive evening focused on voting! The first half will be a series of video-recorded presentations by community organizations. The second half will cover a Voters Fair, where you can visit booths and chat with your community peers about voting.
Thursday, October 11, 2018
St. Paul Neighborhood Network (SPNN)
550 Vandalia St, Ste. 170
St. Paul, MN 55114
- 5:30 pm: Doors open. Audience members can arrive and take their seats. Please do this before 6 pm!
- 6:00 pm: Filming begins. Please stay in your seats for the duration of filming. If you arrive after 6 pm, please wait in the hall so you do not interrupt the filming. You can still attend the Voter's Fair at 7 pm.
- 7:00 pm: Voters Fair begins! Visit booths with your community representative. Take a selfie at the Voting Selfie Booth! Enjoy pizza, water, and soda. Most importantly, learn about your voting rights!
- 8:30 pm: Doors close. Drive home safe!
Confirmed Organization Representatives
- Deaf Equity: Migdalia Rogers and Dr. Darlene Zangara
- Deaf Queers of Minnesota: Eric Nooker
- Deaf Women of Minnesota: Kathy Manlapas
- Family Tree Clinic: Bethany Gehman
- Metro Deaf School: Jason Valentine and Kou Vang, Student Body President
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Black Deaf Advocates (BDA): Kim Wassenaar
- Minnesota Association of Deaf Citizens (MADC): John Fechter
- Minnesota Commission of the Deaf, DeafBlind & Hard of Hearing (MNCDHH): Outreach Staff
- Minnesota Deaf Muslim Community (MDMC): Fardowsa Ali
- Minnesota Department of Human Services Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Division (DHHSD): Dan Millikin
- Minnesota Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (MRID): Shawn Vriezen
- National Association of the Deaf (NAD): Alicia Lane-Outlaw
- ThinkSelf: Maggie Bangert and Kaitlyn Mielke
- ASL Interpreting Services: Jon Ainsworth
- MN DEED: Elise Knopf
- Minnesota State Academies: Terry Wilding
This event will be primarily in American Sign Language (ASL) with voice interpretation. If you would like to attend and need additional accommodations, please email email@example.com no later than Friday, October 5, 2018.
We are excited to see you there!
#DeafIVote #HoHIVote #DeafBlindIVote