Minnesota RN and LPN Reregistration Instructions
If you have been licensed in Minnesota but have not renewed, reregistration is the process by which you reactivate your license. Requirements vary depending on how long your registration has been expired and how long it has been since you last practiced nursing.
- Review Forms and Process: Review the information and forms below for an overview of the Reregistration process. If you are unable to determine which form(s) best fit your situation, please contact the Board for assistance.
- If you have not already done so, register to access the site by setting up an online user account with a username and password. Doing so will allow you to apply online and check the status of your application.
- Complete the following forms:
a. Reregistration Application form. Apply online or print the application form from the Board’s website. If applying by paper, complete the paper application form, sign, and submit the application with the fee to the Board by mail.
b. Confirmation of Nursing Employment for Reregistration form. If you have ever worked as a nurse, you must have your most recent employer complete and submit a Confirmation of Nursing Employment for Reregistration form. Print the form from the Board’s website, complete the top half of the form and submit to your current nursing employer. If you are not currently employed, submit the form to your most recent nursing employer. Upon completion, you must return the form to the Board.
c. Continuing Education form. You may need to report continuing education or successfully complete a refresher course depending on how long it has been since you last practiced nursing. The Board will contact you if you are required to report continuing education when your Confirmation of Nursing Employment for Reregistration form has been processed.
4. Confirmation of Application Submission: You are responsible for submitting all necessary forms and fees to complete your application. The Board encourages you to confirm successful submission of your application forms and to check the status of processing your application by visiting your online services account.
- You can access the online reregistration application by clicking on the Online Services link and logging in to your Licensee account. The remaining necessary forms to complete the process can be found in the Reregistration application packet
Reregister using downloadable forms