skip to content
Primary navigation

Social Work Students

  • The Board recommends that students currently enrolled in a social work degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) apply for a permanent license six months before graduation for the best application process
  • Applying for a license before graduation gives students the option to take the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) exam, upon Board approval, before graduating, and complete the licensing process more quickly after completing their degree
  • ASWB Exam Policy does not allow the Board to approve current students for the exam sooner than six months from graduation
  • Students who have passed the ASWB exam and submitted fingerprints for the criminal background check (CBC) are also eligible to apply for a temporary license upon completion of degree requirements

Apply for a License

Review license and application requirements:

Resources for Students

back to top