Accessibility and Site Browser Requirements
If you are experiencing difficulty with accessing information on this website, call 612-617-2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In order to view and navigate our site, including utilizing online services, the most current version of the following internet browsers must be installed on your device:
Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; Microsoft Internet Explorer; Mobile Android; Mobile Chrome; Mobile Firefox
Utilizing the latest version of the browser helps to ensure your utmost security as you navigate and input your information on our site. If you experience issues using online services, please attempt a browser update prior to contacting the Board.
Opportunity to Serve as a Board Member for the Board of Social Work
Your Voice Makes a Difference! Learn more about information sessions to discuss the importance of participating on state boards and commissions, hosted by the Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR), in partnership with the Office of Governor Dayton and the Olmstead Implementation Office (OIO).
There are three Board Member scheduled vacancies for terms ending January 7, 2019. Read the press release for complete information.
ASWB Seeking Examinations Writers
The Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) is seeking qualified social workers to write questions for the licensing exams used in the United States and Canada. To be considered, qualified applicants must complete all screening documents and supply other information via email by December 31, 2018. For complete information, visit ASWB's website.
Governor Mark Dayton Appoints Board Members to Board of Social Work
The Governor's Office announced Board Member appointments on June 29. All terms are effective July 4, 2018. Please see the Governor's press release for term expiration dates (BOSW members are listed last).
Congratulations on reappointment for current members!
- Kathy Lombardi, LICSW - Ms. Lombardi lives and works in the metro and is employed at St. Paul Public Schools
Congratulations to new members!
- Jolene Engelking, LISW - Ms. Engelking lives and works in the metro and is employed at the Minnesota Coalition of Sexual Assault as a Program Development Specialist
- Stephanie Jacobson, LSW - Ms. Jacobson lives and works in the metro and is employed at the Governor's Office as a Constituent Outreach Liaison
- Pa Der Vang, LICSW - Ms. Vang lives and works in the metro and is employed at St. Catherine University-University of St. Thomas as an Associate Professor in the School of Social Work
- Mary Walsh, LSW - Ms. Walsh lives and works in Glenwood, MN at Minnewaska Area Schools as a School Social Worker
BOSW Fee Increase Facts
Read the Fee Increase Fact Sheet and Fee Increase History for more information regarding the proposed BOSW fee increase during the 2017 & 2018 legislative sessions and BOSW fee history.
Association of Social Work Boards
ASWB Releases New Blueprints for 2018 Examination Changes
ASWB Social Work Practice Mobility Initiatives
Loan Forgiveness Program for Mental Health Professionals
The Office of Rural Health and Primary Care (ORPHC), Minnesota Department of Health, administers the program funded by the State of Minnesota authorizing the health professional loan forgiveness in both rural program and urban program areas. For more information and to submit an application see the ORHPC website.