News and Updates
ACCESSIBILITY AND SITE BROWSER REQUIREMENTS
If you are experiencing difficulty with accessing information on this website, call 612-617-2100 for assistance.
In order to view and navigate our site, including utilizing online services, the most current version of the following internet browsers must be installed on your device:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mobile Android
- Mobile Chrome
- Mobile Firefox
Utilizing the latest version of the browsers helps us ensure your utmost safety as you navigate and input your information on our site. To streamline requests and confirm efficiency, please attempt a browser upgrade prior to using Online Services.
Governor Mark Dayton Appoints Members to Board of Social Work
The Governor's Office announced Board Member appointments on June 29. All terms are effective July 4, 2018. Please see the Governor's press release
for term expiration dates (BOSW members are listed last).
Congratulations on reappointment for current members!
- Kathy Lombardi, LICSW
- Ms. Lombardi lives and works in the metro and is employed at St. Paul Public Schools
Congratulations to new members!
- Jolene Engelking, LISW
- Ms. Engelking lives and works in the metro and is employed at the Minnesota Coalition of Sexual Assault as a Program Development Specialist
- Stephanie Jacobson, LSW
- Ms. Jacobson lives and works in the metro and is employed at the Governor's Office as a Constituent Outreach Liaison
- Pa Der Vang, LICSW
- Ms. Vang lives and works in the metro and is employed at St. Catherine University-University of St. Thomas as an Associate Professor in the School of Social Work
- Mary Walsh, LSW
- Ms. Walsh lives and works in Glenwood, MN at Minnewaska Area Schools as a School Social Worker
2018 Legislation to Correct 2017 Technical Error for BOSW Fee Increase
Read the Fee Increase Fact Sheet and Fee Increase History for more information regarding HF 4192, the 2018 legislation initiated by the House of Representatives to correct the technical error from the 2017 session relating to the BOSW fee increase.
BOSW Fingerprint-Based Criminal Background Check
As of November 28, 2017, all applicants for initial licensure must submit to a fingerprint based criminal background check under Minnesota Statutes section 214.075. Please click Criminal Background Check for more information.
Association of Social Work Boards
ASWB Releases New Blueprints for 2018 Examination Changes
ASWB Social Work Practice Mobility Initiatives
Loan Forgiveness Program for Mental Health Professionals
The Office of Rural Health and Primary Care (ORPHC), Minnesota Department of Health, administers the program funded by the State of Minnesota authorizing the health professional loan forgiveness in both rural program and urban program areas. For more information and submit an application see the ORHPC website: