- Minnesota Humanities Center (MHC) Grant Opportunity. Applications accepted through 9/30/2020.
Tribal Nations and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations (libraries, arts organizations, museums, historical societies, and cultural organizations) in Minnesota. Applicants may request up to $20,000 towards organizational health through a period of financial disruption or financial loss due to COVID-19. Prioritizing funding for applicants who often face systemic barriers to institutional funding streams. Applicants may request up to $20,000. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all the funds have been awarded, and no later than September 30, 2020.
Free COVID-19 testing
Ramsey County Public Health in partnership with Karen Organization of Minnesota, Hmong American Partnership, Hmong Health Care Professional Coalition, M Health Fairview, Saint Paul Public Schools, Ramsey County Parks and Recreation, Ramsey County Medical Reserve Corps and Minnesota Department of Health is offering free COVID-19 testing at two sites over the next four weekends in August.
Saturday, August 8, 15, 22 and 29
2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Aldrich Arena - 1850 White Bear Ave, Maplewood, MN 55109
Sunday, August 9, 16, 23 and 30
2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Washington Technology Magnet School - 1495 Rice Street, Saint Paul, MN 55117
- Open to everyone.
- Free, no insurance needed.
- Symptoms or no symptoms.
- Drive-thru or walk-up.
- Pre-registration recommended, but not required.
- Interpreters available onsite.
For more information, please visit Ramsey County's COVID-19 testing webpage.
June 30, 2020: Governor Walz and Lt. Governor Flanagan announced a public-private partnership of philanthropic and business leaders from across Minnesota to meet the technology and connectivity needs of families who have children in school. The partnership, ConnectedMN, is led by Best Buy, Comcast, Blandin Foundation, Saint Paul & Minnesota Foundation and the Minnesota Business Partnership, in collaboration with the State of Minnesota.
Before the start of the upcoming school year, ConnectedMN's goal is to bring technology and internet access to students across the state, especially communities most in need, including Indigenous students and students of color, students from low-income families, and families who live in rural Minnesota.
Click here to learn more. Individuals and organizations are invited to get involved and support these efforts.
Child Care Grants Proposal
July 7, 2020: Governor Tim Walz and Lt. Governor Peggy Flanagan announced $56.6 million to help support Minnesota child care providers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Their proposal would provide grants to support family child care providers, child care centers, and certain eligible certified centers that have experienced increased costs and decreased revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Governor Walz announced the funding this morning at the Learning Garden in St. Paul and Lieutenant Governor Flanagan will highlight the funding with a visit to a family child care provider in Rochester later today.
Once funding is approved, DHS and the Children's Cabinet will provide information about how childcare providers can apply for the grants. Families seeking care can call the Child Care Aware parent line at 1.888.291.9811 or visit mn.gov/childcare for a map of open providers.
Minnesota State Agency Information
- Guide for Tribal Governments and Tribal Communities - Combines information from many state agencies. Updated 6/19/2020.
- Guidance for Minnesota Public Schools 2020-21 School Year Planning - From Minnesota Department of Education
- Dept of Agriculture
- Dept of Human Rights
- Cash and SNAP detailed information: Policy and procedure changes dated 4/10/20.
- Cash and SNAP Q & A: A question and answer document regarding Federal cash assistance and SNAP program dated 4/10/20.
- Child welfare changes for face to face meetings: Targeted case management changes for face to face requirements.
- MN Food Shelf Program Update: From DHS and Hunger Solutions: Information about MFSP relief funding, dated 4/2/20.
- Telemedicine Expansion Information
- Waivers and Modifications currently in effect
- Department of Labor and Industry
- DPS Law Enforcement Guidance: DPS Communication to local law enforcement dated 4/8/20.
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) Program
U.S. Federal Government Information
- Guidance for Tribal and other Governments: Guidance for recipients of funding via the Corona Virus Relief Act, document dated 4/22/20.
- SCORE/SBA Guidelines for Disaster Assistance: Document for SBA's, updated on 4/23/20. Includes information about both Federal and State relief programs.
- U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security Grant Opportunity, due 5/29/20: (repeat of link shown above under Grant Opportunities), applications due 5/29/20.
- OMB Implementation Guidance on supplemental funding: Office of Management and Budget communication to federal agencies and departments 4/10/2019.