Does the Board have your current address?
The Board sends renewal and other important notices by mail. It is in your best interest and a requirement of your licensure/
certification (MN Rule 1800.0120) to notify the Board within 30 days of any address, phone or name change.
2016-2018 Licenses and Certificates Have Expired.
ALL 2016-2018 licenses and certificates expired on June 30, 2018, regardless of when in the biennium they were issued (MN Statute 326.10 Subd. 8).
If you need to practice/hold out in Minnesota, renew online today.
- Know your license/certificate number and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Gather your continuing education information for July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2018 (see link below for more details). Any carryover from the last renewal will show automatically once you log in. Ethics hours must have been obtained on or after July 1, 2016. If you were issued your initial Minnesota license on or after July 1, 2016, you will not need continuing education to renew for this time period.
- Have your credit card ready before starting your renewal. For security purposes, the electronic payment system will time out if you do not finish your payment transaction within a reasonable amount of time.
- A late fee will be added to your total. Currently, that charge is $30.
- A $2.50 credit card fee per license renewed, charged by the bank, will also be added to your total.
- Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted.
As mentioned in item 2 above, you must meet continuing education (CE) requirements prior to renewing. Licensees or certificate holders making their first biennial renewal are automatically exempt from CE reporting. Others needing to request a CE exemption must make that request prior to renewing.
Those with disciplinary action or criminal activity since their last renewal that they must report to the Board or those who are submitting a "Letter of Acceptance" from the Board cannot renew online. Use instead the form below and pay by check or money order.
2018 Renewal Form
To check your license or certificate status or if you have renewal questions:
License Lookup Renewal FAQs
Reinstatement (License/Certificate Expired Prior to July 1, 2016)
If your license or certificate expired June 30, 2016 or before, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request instructions for reinstatement.
After receiving your information, the Board will send you a reinstatement form customized with your particular fees and continuing education requirements. Reinstatement requirements are described in MN Statute 326.10 Subd.9.
If you are retired and do not wish to renew your license, but would like to be listed on the Board's roster as "retired" rather than "expired," please email email@example.com to request that change.
You may continue to use your professional title, preceded by the term "Retired" (i.e., John Doe, Retired Architect), but you may not practice or do anything that requires a current license. This requirement is described in MN Statute 326.02 Subd. 1.