510 Videos Now Cataloged and Available Online
With the assistance of Mark Snow, the Minnesota Governor's Council on Developmental Disabilities identified and organized the entire collection of videos that are available on various web pages and different locations on the Council website. An index was then created so the collection could be accessed at a single location and according to the following topics:
Over the past five years, more than 350,000 video views have been reported. Consistently, over that time period, the Willowbrook and Marc Gold videos have been at the top of the video viewing list.
In 1966, the investigative work and reporting of Geraldo Rivera captured the media's attention in the Willowbrook Exposé and marked the beginning of the end of New York's Willowbrook Institution.
Marc Gold: "Try Another Way."
In the 1970s, Marc Gold developed and presented three day workshops on a new systematic training approach – "Try Another Way." This system provided an organizational framework, instructional strategies, and a value base for teaching persons with even the most severe disabilities to perform sophisticated tasks or competencies.
Xochil Flores on Medicaid
In 2018, Xochil Flores said her seven-year-old daughter wasn't expected to survive when she was born. With Medicaid's help, her daughter has learned to walk and speak Spanish, English, and use sign language.
See these additional video indexes:
- Parallels In Time Video Index
- With an Eye to the Past Video Index
- With an Eye to the Future Video Index
- Disability Justice Video Index
- Bengt Nirje on Normalization
- Bill Bronston and Friends on Willowbrook
- The Evolution of Disability Rights Litigation – David Ferleger
- The Evolution of the Quality of Care in Developmental Disabilities – Jim Conroy
- Kathie Snow: Disability is Natural
- Professor John McKnight: Capacity Building Beyond Community Services
- Dr. Patrick Shwarz: Inclusive Education
- Behavioral Approaches and Positive Behavioral Interventions – Derrick Dufresne
- Positive Behavior Supports – Mike Mayer
- The Convergence of Disability Law and Policy – Rud Turnbull
- 16th Annual Willowbrook Memorial Lecture – Produced by Dr. David Goode
- A History of Human Services – Wolf Wolfensberger, Ph.D.