The Top Questions Asked About Inclusive Education
Dr. Patrick Schwarz
Dr. Patrick Schwarz is a dynamic and engaging professor, author, motivational speaker and leader in Inclusive Education, Special Education, General Education, Educational Leadership and Human Services. He is a professor at National-Louis University, Chicago. Patrick's company is Creative Culture Consulting LLC. He is the author of From Disability to Possibility, You're Welcome (with Paula Kluth), Just Give Him the Whale (with Paula Kluth) and Pedro's Whale (with Paula Kluth). His new book is From Possibility to Success.
The video was recorded on June 5, 2013.
- What makes a school inclusive?
- Are there some kids, for example those that have significant disabilities, that can't be included?
- When a student has extreme behavior support needs, you couldn't include him, correct?
- How does inclusive education promote successful learning?
- Isn't inclusive education more expensive?
- The best way to include someone is to put them in classrooms with younger peers who are at their level right?
- What are examples of the best supports for students in an inclusive classroom?
- My child seems to have a lack of interest and engagement in the general education classroom. What can we do?
- Don't kids with disabilities learn better in a quiet place separate from all the noise of a general classroom?
- What are the research benefits of inclusive education?
In 1987 Ed Skarnulis interviewed Dr. Lou Brown about his work with children and adults with developmental disabilities.