People with Disabilities


Frequently asked questions

Mental health

  • What does the mental health program cover?

    The Program HH mental health program covers individual and group therapy sessions provided by a licensed mental health professional, who must be a Minnesota Health Care Program provider.

  • How do I find a provider?

    You must use a Minnesota Health Care Program provider to receive services through your Program HH mental health benefits. You can find a list of providers by visiting the DHS public web pages or you can call Program HH Customer Care at 651-431-2398 for help locating a provider in your area. You can also contact the Minnesota AIDS Project AIDS Line for assistance finding a provider at 612-373-2437 or 800-248-2437.

  • Will it cost me anything to receive services?

    As long as the service you need is covered by Program HH, you should have no out of pocket expenses for your mental health treatment. If you have private insurance and the procedure you receive is covered by Program HH, Program HH will pick up your co-pays or deductibles.

  • Does my mental health benefit cover substance use treatment?

    No, substance use treatment is not covered through your Program HH mental health benefit. If you have questions about substance use treatment call the MAP AIDS Line at 612-373-2437 or 800-248-2437.

Report/Rate this pageReport/Rate this page