Get up-to-date payment and case information
You can get current information about payments and other activity using our secure website or automated phone line. Both are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To use the automated phone line, or to register for Minnesota Child Support Online (MCSO), you will need your:
- Child support participant number
- Personal identification number (PIN) to get case information on the automated phone line and to set up online account access.
A unique PIN is automatically mailed to each parent to their address on the case file. The custodial parent will get one when the county opens the case. The noncustodial parent will get one when a court order establishing the amount of support is added to the case. If you lose your PIN, call your worker for a new one.
Online account access
Minnesota Child Support Online (MCSO) is a secure website with case and payment information. To register to use the site, you will need your child support participant number and your PIN. During registration, you will set up your own password and user ID.
You can get more information about your case online than you can from the automated phone line. For example, online you can see:
- Payment history
- Current monthly charges and account balances
- Information about past due support, called arrears, that have been certified for tax intercepts
- Enforcement remedies active on your case
- Actions taken on your case within the past 90 days
- Your worker's name and phone number
- Upcoming appointments.
Through MCSO, you can also:
- Make payments
- Update your mailing address, phone numbers, and email address
- Update your name (unless it has either been verified with the Social Security Administration or a child support enforcement remedy is in place)
Payment, case and general information phone line
By calling the automated phone line, you can get:
- Payment and account information (you will need your participant number and PIN)
- Direct deposit and automatic recurring withdrawal information
- General financial information, including the cost recovery fee
- Tips for using Minnesota Child Support Online
- Program updates.
651-431-4340 Twin Cities metro area
800-657-3512 outside the Twin Cities metro area
651-431-4342 Twin Cities metro area
888-234-1208 outside the Twin Cities metro area
or use your preferred relay service