Note: To attend courses, you must be registered online prior to the course start date.
Acquire skills needed to enable people to work together in constructive and productive ways, learning from professional facilitators and from each other. This two-day course uses Sam Kaner's Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making to help you increase participation in group discussions and decisions. The course is appropriate for any public-sector employee who is called upon to facilitate meetings. Both novice and experienced facilitators will benefit from the course.
You will learn to:
- Design, conduct, and evaluate effective meetings;
- Establish ground rules for successful meetings;
- Apply group processes and frameworks for managing change and making decisions;
- Organize the flow of topics so that meetings have a beginning, middle, and end;
- Plan pre- and postmeeting practices that increase the likelihood of success for your group;
- Use technology to enhance meeting productivity and connections;
- Identify appropriate approaches to difficult situations;
- Use basic skills, such as flip chart writing, brainstorming, listening, open discussion, and decision-making; and
- Identify your own facilitation style and build confidence with leading meetings.
Cost: $750 two days (includes book and materials)