Note: To attend courses, you must be registered online prior to the course start date.
Acquire skills needed to enable people to work together in constructive and productive ways, learning from professional facilitators and from each other. This two-day course uses Sam Kaner's Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making to help you increase participation in group discussions and decisions. The course is appropriate for any public-sector employee who is called upon to facilitate meetings. Both novice and experienced facilitators will benefit from the course.
You will learn to:
- Decide the scope of the meeting or facilitation process;
- Prepare, create, conduct, and evaluate facilitated events;
- Design a facilitation process;
- Identify assumptions and expectations of customers or audiences;
- Understand the phenomenon of "the difficult person";
- Identify appropriate approaches to difficult situations; and
- Use basic skills, such as flip chart writing, brainstorming, listening, open discussion, and alternative discussion.
Cost: $500 two days (includes book and materials)