2016 Legislative Priorities
The Council will introduce the following bill in the 2016 legislative session:
- Exploited Families Rental Assistance Bill: Requests that the state funds a rental assistance program that serves families from emerging communities who have been victims of gender-based violence and are at risk of becoming homeless.
The Council will actively track and support legislation in the following areas:
- Employment and Training Programs
- Violence Against Women and Children
- Achievement Gap
- Affordable Housing (Rental and Home-ownership)
- Linguistically and Culturally Accessible Services
The Council, in addition to its annual legislative priorities derived from community input, will actively advocate for legislation that achieves the following:
- Programs and services that are responsive to the linguistically and culturally diverse communities of Minnesota, including Asian Pacific Minnesotans.
- The collection of disaggregated data to better inform policy-making on issues of importance to Asian Pacific Minnesotans.
- Maintains the Office of the Ombudspersons for Families.