State agencies may obtain goods and services directly from several sources without obtaining competitive responses:
- DEED Certified Providers (Community Rehabilitation Providers and Limited Use Vendors)
- DHS Licensed Providers (Day Training and Habilitation vocational programs)
Minnesota state agencies are required to utilize DEED-certified and DHS-licensed providers for at least 19 percent of their contracts in these areas if their cost is within 6 percent of the other vendors available to perform the same services for the following services:
- Janitorial Services - UNSPSC 76111501
- Document Imaging Services - UNSPSC 81112005
- Document Shredding Services - UNSPSC 80161508
- Mailing, Collating, and Sorting Services - UNSPSC 80141800
See Minn. Stat. §§ 16C.10, subd. 5(4), § 16C.16, Subd. 7(c)(3) and § 16C.155.
Agencies may also purchase goods and services from directly from state agencies, including MINNCOR and Minnesota State Industries, without obtaining competitive responses. A completed Service Contract Certification form is required for services.
- MINNCOR website. See also Contract Release M-566(5).
- Minnesota State Industries - firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 565-6101
For additional information on purchasing goods and services from MINNCOR/Minnesota State Industries, see Authority for Local Purchase (ALP) Manual and Appendices.